A member may be entitled to receive his retirement benefits once he has reached the retirement age of 50 and has fully terminated his employment, which means that his employer is no longer paying contributions in his behalf into the Fund.
- To receive the benefit, the member must submit the following:
- Letter of Request addressed to Storebrand
- Completed Claim Form
- One (2 x 2) photo to be attached to the Claim Form
- Copy of valid passport duly certified by a Notary Public or a Lawyer
- Copy of Seaman’s Documentation Book (Farstoppgave) or NIS Yellow Book – Page 1-3/5
- Certificate of Employment or Service record
- Copy of Membership Letter or Original Membership Card
(Copy of Storebrand’s Statement of Account will also be accepted)
- Bank Account details containing bank account number, name and address of bank. Settlement can only be made to a bank account under the name of the seafarer.